Airbrush Spray Tan Removal
DIY TIPS ON REMOVING A FAKE TAN
We have the easiest tips you can try yourself at home, including:
- Bathe in warm water and exfoliate instead of using soap. Exfoliation tends to scrub off the dead skin cells, which have been dyed by the spray tan solution. Exfoliate with the help of scrubs, sponges, and tan removal mitts, which are easily found in beauty stores. Make sure you don’t use a scrub which makes your skin oily and do not over-scrub so that your skin does not become irritated.
- Lie in a warm bath for a few hours. The more you stay in a tub filled with warm water, the quicker the tan washes off as it opens the skins’ pores where the tan has deeply embedded in. This is the easiest way on how to remove a fake tan without using harsh chemicals on your skin.
- Add olive oil or baby oil to the warm water in the tub. Oil tends to loosen the dead skin cells, which are dyed brown by the tanning solution.
- Bathing in baking soda mixed with warm water is another tip on how to get a fake tan off.
- Waxing or shaving your legs is a great way to get rid of the tan. These hair removal methods also remove the upper layer of the skin, which has been dyed. Even hair removal cream can work its charm as it strips the tan off the skin.
- Lemon juice acts like a bleaching agent and removes the dark pigmentation formed on the skin after spray tanning. Either apply lemon juice with a washcloth over the tanned regions, or make this simple mixture at home: mix a cup of sugar with ¾ cup lemon juice. Rub this mixture on your skin and wash off after a few minutes with warm water. This is an effective way on how to remove a fake tan only when done a few times!
- You can also try this mixture: mix half cup of baking powder with half cup of lemon juice. Apply the paste on the skin and leave it on for a few minutes. Wipe off with a cloth and repeat the process a few times.